Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Yogurt


Hey folks! Yes, it's been a while but we got lives and some serious eating to do!


The school year is finally over so a toast to summer 2011. May it bring some noms, tanning and a lot of aloe vera and not AP summer reading and SAT prep. (I know we're all dying to take practice tests at the nearby Princeton Review. Am I right?)


Kelly is currently in Oaxaca for two months for a program called Amigos de las Américas where she lives with a community and builds community projects to better benefit the families there. 


Anyway, I've been spending my summer days by the pool, getting reading done and flaunting big floppy hats with a lot of sunscreen by my side whilst eating some awesome greek yogurt.
Greek yogurt has caught the world's eye and has been noted as one of the healthier eats for one's diet. It has  a thick consistency and low in calories. 
To learn more about why greek yogurt is good for you, click here
So for the summer, I present to you my version of greek yogurt to eat for breakfast or as a snack.


Greek yogurt with strawberries, brown sugar and honey
2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
4 strawberries, cut into quarters
Brown sugar
Honey - I used raw honey and melted it down in the microwave
In a small bowl, I placed the strawberries on top and sprinkled brown sugar over the yogurt  to add some sweetness to it. After, I drizzled honey over the strawberries and tada - this masterpiece is complete. 


Now, you can add as many strawberries and as much yogurt as you'd like but this is normally how I take my yogurt.
Hope everyone is having a fantastic summer!


-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment