Saturday, January 29, 2011

Angry? Try baking away your frustration!

Hi everyone, I'd like you to meet my new friend Miss (or Mister, which ever you prefer) Red Velvet.

He/she is very attracted to fluffy whipped frosting, juicy strawberries, and toasty tan coconut.

Are you interested in taking him/her out on a date? I did and I had a blast. 




  I (Emily) was pretty frustrated today and I took all my anger and cranked out a red velvet cake!

I spent a good five hours on this masterpiece (with a few grocery errands, meals to eat, multitasking) but it was all worth my Saturday night. (Don't worry - I have friends. I hope.)

Forget the fact that my fingers look bloody because of the red food coloring stains, this cake is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

 Coconut not only hides your frosting imperfections (frosting cakes is not my calling), but it also makes everything taste 10,000 times better.

 I'm pretty sure I'll be eating this massive cake for breakfast on Sunday morning and maybe pig out after school - cake as a snack is pretty amazing.

Anywho, cake is a great way to celebrate the end of finals and a new clean slate for second semester for those baking fanatics out there.

Many thanks to Joy the Baker for this recipe - only thing I changed was putting sliced strawberries in the middle. 

Happy nomming and say hello to second semester!

-Emily & Kelly

Print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment